Melun / Fontainebleau La Scandibérique
Along the water
1 h 18 min
I begin / Family
This stage offers a symphony of blues and greens, as you ride between the Seine and the vast Fontainebleau Forest. Cycling between these waters and woods proves a treat for the eyes, and for the lungs, as you breathe in the clean air. The Bois-le-Roi outdoor leisure centre provides an ideal spot at which to unwind a while. A bit further on, Samois-sur-Seine is one of the most beautiful villages in the Ile-de-France Region, a joy to behold… and, should you pass through in June during the Django Reinhardt Festival, a thrill for the ears. The royal town of Fontainebleau counts as a great spot for a stopover; leaving the next morning you’ll feel you’ve topped up your red blood cell count the previous day!
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
By road: 13,11 km Cycle path: 6,48 km Provisional itinerary: 3,11 km
Surface of the stage
Lisse: 11,25 km Rugueux: 4,92 km Inconnu: 3,42 km
Along the Seine’s west bank, alternating between cycle paths and cycle lanes, with stretches on minor roads at times. Take care at Bois-le-Roi, at the level of the bridge over the Seine on the D115 road. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing smooth: concrete and asphalt.
Cycling link towards Fontainebleau from Valvins Bridge
- Crossrail RER D station + Transilien train station at Melun
- Transilien train station at Bois-le-Roi
- Transilien Avon – Fontainebleau train station
- Melun : the historic centre; the Ile St-Etienne and Seine quays; the Maison Natale de Jacques Amyot (recalling the 16th-century humanist born here); the Bouquinistes de Melun (book-sellers’ booths by the Seine); Seine cruises from June to September, Musée de la gendarmerie nationale
- Bois-le-Roi : base de loisirs régionale de Bois-le-Roi (the Ile de Loisirs outdoor leisure centre), with bathing possible in a natural lake
- Samois-sur-Seine : in June, the Django Reinhardt Jazz Festival; the villas, rustic centre and islands on the Seine
- Vulaines-sur-Seine : Musée départemental Stéphane Mallarmé (on the great French symbolist poet)
- Fontainebleau : château et parc, the grand château and grounds; the historic town centre