19,59 km cycling route from Melun to Fontainebleau
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Along the Seine’s west bank, alternating between cycle paths and cycle lanes, with stretches on minor roads at times. Take care at Bois-le-Roi, at the level of the bridge over the Seine on the D115 road. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing smooth: concrete and asphalt.
Cycling link towards Fontainebleau from Valvins Bridge
- Crossrail RER D station + Transilien train station at Melun
- Transilien train station at Bois-le-Roi
- Transilien Avon – Fontainebleau train station
- Melun : the historic centre; the Ile St-Etienne and Seine quays; the Maison Natale de Jacques Amyot (recalling the 16th-century humanist born here); the Bouquinistes de Melun (book-sellers’ booths by the Seine); Seine cruises from June to September, Musée de la gendarmerie nationale
- Bois-le-Roi : base de loisirs régionale de Bois-le-Roi (the Ile de Loisirs outdoor leisure centre), with bathing possible in a natural lake
- Samois-sur-Seine : in June, the Django Reinhardt Jazz Festival; the villas, rustic centre and islands on the Seine
- Vulaines-sur-Seine : Musée départemental Stéphane Mallarmé (on the great French symbolist poet)
- Fontainebleau : château et parc, the grand château and grounds; the historic town centre