Along the Seine’s west bank, alternating between cycle paths and cycle lanes, with stretches on minor roads at times. Take care at Bois-le-Roi, at the level of the bridge over the Seine on the D115 road. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing smooth: concrete and asphalt.
Cycling link towards Fontainebleau from Valvins Bridge
- Crossrail RER D station + Transilien train station at Melun
- Transilien train station at Bois-le-Roi
- Transilien Avon – Fontainebleau train station
- Melun : the historic centre; the Ile St-Etienne and Seine quays; the Maison Natale de Jacques Amyot (recalling the 16th-century humanist born here); the Bouquinistes de Melun (book-sellers’ booths by the Seine); Seine cruises from June to September, Musée de la gendarmerie nationale
- Bois-le-Roi : base de loisirs régionale de Bois-le-Roi (the Ile de Loisirs outdoor leisure centre), with bathing possible in a natural lake
- Samois-sur-Seine : in June, the Django Reinhardt Jazz Festival; the villas, rustic centre and islands on the Seine
- Vulaines-sur-Seine : Musée départemental Stéphane Mallarmé (on the great French symbolist poet)
- Fontainebleau : château et parc, the grand château and grounds; the historic town centre