Fontainebleau / Nemours La Scandibérique
2 h 02 min
I begin / Family
At the level of St-Mammès, you shift from the Seine to follow the Canal du Loing. This stage is quieter than the previous one, but the surfacing is rough in parts. Moret-sur-Loing has a bike museum at which cyclists along the Scandibérique may wish to pay homage, while Nemours is proud of its very complete museum dedicated to prehistory in the Ile-de-France Region. Both towns boast a remarkable medieval heritage and are well worth a proper stop. Riders, do make the most of a pause along the charming Canal du Loing before heading further south along the Scandibérique cycle route.
Elevation of the stage
26 m 33 m
Waytypes of the stage
Cycle path: 19,75 km By road: 10,38 km Provisional itinerary: 2,71 km
Surface of the stage
Lisse: 10,44 km Accidenté: 9,99 km Rugueux: 8,94 km Inconnu: 0,76 km
Cross the Seine at Vulaines sur-Seine via Valvins Bridge. Cycle paths and cycle lanes along the Seine, then greenway beside the Canal du Loing. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing in parts smooth, in parts rough: the asphalt surface along the canal is patchy in parts.
Cycling link towards Fontainebleau from Valvins Bridge.
- Moret-sur-Loing Veneux-les-Sablons Transilien train station
- Montigny sur Loing Transilien train station
- Bourron Marlotte Grez Transilien train station
- Nemours Saint-Pierre Transilien train station
- Fontainebleau: the historic town centre; the grand château; forest walks and hikes
- Thomery: Château Rosa Bonheur (named after a 19th-century animal painter)
- Moret-sur-Loing: the old centre; the Musée du Vélo de Moret-sur-Loing, a cycling museum
- Grez-sur-Loing: the Tour de Ganne; the church of Our Lady and St Lawrence (12th-century); the old stone bridge
- Nemours: the Château-museum; Le Zia, a tourist boat with panoramic windows, departing from Montcourt for Nemours (stopping at the Château de Nemours)