Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
The route takes you down the towpath on the west side of the Seine. You alternate between minor roads and cycle paths. Even though the route isn’t signposted EV3, it is easy to follow. At Melun, take care crossing Avenue Thiers.
Surfacing smooth: concrete and asphalt.
- Crossrail RER D station at Corbeil-Essonnes
- Crossrail RER station at Le Coudray-Montceaux
- Crossrail RER D station at Melun
- Transilien train station at Melun
- Corbeil-Essonnes : the Grands Moulins de Corbeil (big Seine-side former mills); Saint-Spire Cathedral and cloisters; the banks of the Essonne River
- Melun : the historic centre; the Ile St-Etienne and Seine quays; the Maison Natale de Jacques Amyot (recalling the 16th-century humanist born here); the Bouquinistes de Melun (book-sellers’ booths by the Seine); Seine cruises from June to September, Musée de la gendarmerie nationale
- Events at the Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte nearby, such as :
- Candle-lit evening tours
- Vaux-le-Vicomte Christmas festival
- The Styx, River of the Underworld, a surprising underground tour available at weekends