25,65 km cycling route from Ribemont to Tergnier
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Along the towpath beside the Canal de l’Oise à la Sambre. Signposted EV3.
Surfacing smooth: compacted ground or asphalt.
The Scandibérique doubles up with the Véloroute Stevenson®, which follows the way taken by the adventurous Scottish author in 1876.
Interconnection at Tergnier with Véloroute 30, a cycle route that heads straight west for the Bay of the Somme.
- La Fère train station
- Tergnier train station
- Ribemont: the place from which Enlightenment philosopher and scientist Nicolas de Condorcet hailed, and where the family castle was built
- Sissy: the Chapelle des Endormis, a Gothic church left in ruins by fighting in World War I
- Mills at Sissy, Sénercy, Berthenicourt, Brissay-Choigny, Travecy and La Fère
- Oise Valley and a rayère, or traditional dam, on the Oise at Alaincourt
- Alaincourt: Maison de Marie-Jeanne, a museum with everyday objects of yesteryear, your ‘guide’ to them a resurrected Robert Louis Stevenson!
- La Fère: a town dedicated to artillerymen (with its arsenal, its Place d’Armes – parade square – its statue of an artilleryman and its château); Musée Jeanne d’Aboville (with art and archaeological collections)
- Tergnier: La Frette outdoor watersports centre
- Fargniers: Place Carnegie, an Art Deco square; Musée de la Résistance et de la Déportation (a war museum); the Cité Cheminote, an exceptional railwaymen’s estate (plus the listed station).