Waytypes of the stage
Following the Axe Vert de la Thiérache greenway, with no particular difficulties along the way.
Surfacing smooth: compacted tracks or asphalt.
From Hirson train station, a former railway track heading east has been transformed into a cycle path leading to the 12th-century Benedictine Abbey of St Michael, on the edge of the forest 5km away.
- Hirson train station
- Saint-Michel and Hirson Forests
- Domaine de Blangy (with its waterfall in a strait, its outdoor recreation centre and its campsite)
- Tour Florentine and Rotonde Ferroviaire, impressive 1920s constructions connected to the marshalling yard built at Hirson train station
- Ohis, a charming village with a viaduct (formerly on the line Hirson, Guise, Busigny)
- Wimy fortified church
- Musée la Casemate at Wimy, a museum on the two World Wars
- Conserverie d’Ornelle (selling local produce)