Alternating between cycle paths, minor roads and greenways, with no particular difficulties.
Surfacing smooth: asphalt.
At Hostens, there’s a cycle link towards Mios, the Bassin d’Arcachon and La Vélodyssée, a major coastal cycle route.
- St-Médard d’Eyrans train station (4.5km north of La Brède): regional TER line Bordeaux < > Langon
- Cars Transgironde bus services: from Bordeaux, lines 502 and 503 for La Brède and 504 for Hostens (bikes can be put in the hold)
- Bordeaux: the many museums; the Cité du Vin, a visitor centre dedicated to wine; the Bassins à Flots port area, undergoing major redevelopment; the J. Chaban-Delmas vertical lift bridge; Place de la Bourse and Place des Quinconces, among the city’s finest historic squares; the Miroir d’Eau, a massive contemporary reflective pool built by the Garonne quays to reflect the historic city beyond…
- Bègles: the Art Deco swimming pool; the Musée de la Création Franche, featuring Art Brut
- Gradignan: the church; Cayac Priory; the Musée Georges de Sonneville, set in the priory and devoted to a 1920s artist; the Ecomusée de la Vigne et du Vin, a wine museum; the Château de Laurenzanne (18th century)
- Léognan: the church of St-Martin (11th century); Lac Bleu forest park
- La Brède: the Château de Montesquieu
- Hostens: the Gothic chapel of Ste-Catherine (15th-16th centuries); the church of St-Pierre (19th century); the Maison Pirinski (a copy of a Bulgarian château); the sheep park; Hostens Domaine de Loisirs, an outdoor leisure centre based around five lakes, with swimming and watersports, plus parts reserved for exceptional flora and fauna