42,74 km cycling route from Meung-sur-Loire to Blois
Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
Alternating between greenways, cycle paths and minor roads. Take care crossing the D12 road on the Loire’s north bank at the level of Muides-sur-Loire.
Surfacing smooth: mainly asphalt along this stage
At Muides Bridge, it’s possible to head off to explore the network of cycling trails covered by the châteaux à vélo network and, most significantly, to adopt an alternative EV3 route going via Chambord – this magnificent stretch offers a mix of changing landscapes and iconic stops.
At Muides Bridge, link to the town of Mer’s SNCF train station.
- SNCF train stations at Meung sur Loire, Beaugency, Mer and Blois
- Meung-sur-Loire: the château; Saint-Liphard collegiate church; the Jardin de Roquelin (a garden open to the public)
- Beaugency: the whole medieval town centre of this member of Les Plus Beaux Détours de France
- Tavers: Les Fontenils bubbling natural lake waters
- Herbilly: an historic hamlet
- Suèvres: the picturesque village; St Lubin Church; the mill
- Ménars: Château Pompadour (private, but a magnificent sight viewed from the Loire’s south bank)
- Blois: the historic royal centre; the remarkable royal château
- St-Dyé-sur-Loire: the Loire port that served for the building of the huge 16th-century Château de Chambord nearby; the remarkable basilica; the old lanes; the Maison de la Loire (with exhibitions and events around the theme of the Loire)
- The Pays des Châteaux: great châteaux in this area include Chambord, Villesavin, Cheverny and Beauregard...