Elevation of the stage
Waytypes of the stage
Surface of the stage
This EuroVelo 3 stage starts not far from Thuin train station and, going along the Sambre’s north bank, forms part of the RAVeL (Réseau Autonome de Voies Lentes) slow network. No particular difficulties to signal for cyclists along here, as you follow the greenway alongside the Canal de la Sambre.
Surfacing smooth: concrete and asphalt.
- Thuin train station
- Erquelinnes train station
- Jeumont train station
- Maubeuge train station
- Thuin: the medieval centre
- Feignies: Leveau Fort
- Maubeuge: the Art Deco Salle Sthrau community hall; the Vauban-designed ramparts
- Assevent: the Nécropole Nationale (a French national cemetery containing World War I graves for both French and German soldiers)
- Vieux-Reng: La Salmagne Fort (a defence dating from the late 19th century)